Nijiya’s Nori Tsukudani
New items added to our popular “Nijiya Small Bottle” series are Nori Tsukudani and Nori Tsukudani with Shiitake. Nori tsukudani is made with simple ingredients-nori seaweed and seasonings; Nori Tsukudani with Shiitake has added shiitake mushrooms. Nori seaweed is rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. We make it without MSG
and thickener so you can feel its natural, smooth texture.
Enjoy Nijiya homemade Nori Tsukudani on steamed rice and of course with onigiri (rice balls)!
How to Cook Nori Tsukudani (Nori Tsukudani Recipe)
Nori Tsukudani Rolled Egg
Good for bento menu!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Nori Tsukudani
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Oil (as needed)
- Break eggs into a bowl. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add seasoned eggs little by little. As they cook, continuously roll the eggs to the side of the pan. While rolling the eggs, add Nori Tsukudani little by little. Continue rolling until eggs are fully cooked.
- Put the cooked eggs on a plate.
Nori Tsukudani and Mushroom Rice Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 2 cups rice
- 3 Tbsp. Nori Tsukudani with Shiitake mushrooms (as needed)
- Mitsuba (trefoil) (as needed)
- Put rice into your rice cooker as you normally do. When it is ready to cook, add Nori Tsukudani with Shiitake and raw mushrooms. Mix well with rice and turn on the rice cooker.
- Scoop out the rice when it’s done and sprinkle with mitsuba to serve.